Aluminum alloy is an alloy of aluminum and other elements such as copper, tin, manganese, silicon, magnesium. Aluminum alloys are classified into two main groups deformed aluminum alloy and cast aluminum alloy.
Understanding the nature and parameters of the aluminum plate will be easier for the classification and application:
ALUMINUM ALLOY SYMBOLS
TCVN Aluminium Alloy is denoted by the chemical symbol of the elements and follows the notation is the only content in%. If you are a die-cast aluminum alloy, in adding the A final.
AA American standards. Aluminum alloy AA xxxx notation, the first means such as Table 6.1, the next three numbers xxx will be used to investigate specific table for the properties.
|Type strain||Type casting|
|1xxx||Al clean (>99%)||1xx.x||Al blow|
|2xxx||Al-Cu or Al-Cu-Mg||2xx.x||Al-Cu|
|3xxx||Al-Mn||3xx.x||Al-Si-Mg or Al-Si-Cu|
|7xxx||Al-Zn-Mg or Al-Zn-Mg-Cu||7xx.x||Al-Zn|
|8xxx||Al- other elements||8xx.x||Al-Sn|
TABLE: Symbol of aluminum and aluminum alloys according to US standards.
NATURE OF ALUMINUM ALLOY
- Small specific weight (~ 2,7g / cm³) to aluminum and aluminum alloys weighs only 1/3 of steel, special properties that are focused when the device needs to focus on making the weight (in aviation, transport …).
- Corrosion resistance in the atmosphere: Due to its oxidising properties that make aluminum surface layer of aluminum oxide (Al2O3) is very tight and corrosion-resistant acid high in the atmosphere, so they can be used in most industries where without paint protection. To increase corrosion resistance, it has been making aluminum oxide layer protects the anode by chemical thicker.
- Electrical conductivity: Electrical conductivity of aluminum with 2/3 of the (metal), but due to lighter aluminum so they are used more by passing an electrical current if the same is 1/2 lighter than aluminum wire; less heated than …
- Viscosity: Very flexible, very convenient for pulling the wires, plates, sheets, tapes, film, flowing pressed into bars with special profiles (used for window frames, various types of heat … very convenient download when production).
- Melting temperature: Relatively low melting convenient for when casting, but also aluminum and aluminum alloys can not be used at temperatures of 300-400 degrees Celsius higher
- Durability, hardness: Low.
ALUMINUM ALLOY CATEGORY
1 / Deformed aluminum alloys
Is divided into two kinds of deformed aluminum alloy is hardened by heat treatment and aluminum alloy durable goods are not deformed by heat. There are some following applications:
- Commercial aluminum (> 99.0%):
- Used in chemical industry, food, frozen, making containers (AA1060)
- Used as a power cable (bare wires or wires coated): AA1350
Harmful impurities in pure aluminum include: Fe, Si forming brittle phases FeAl3
- Al-Mn alloy
- Al-Mg alloys
2 / Aluminum Alloy Casting
As the Si alloys with a wide range (5-20%) and more Mg (0.3-0.5%) to create durable goods Mg2Si phase to the Al-Si-Mg system must go through additional chemical ben.Cho Cu (3-5%) in Al-Si-Mg system to improve the mechanical properties and good molding properties because the components close to the Al-Si-Cu information should be used in the cast piston (AA390.0) , the cover of the internal combustion engine:
- Al-Si alloys (Silumin)
- Al-Si alloy-Mg (Cu)
ALUMINUM ALLOY APPLICATIONS
Aluminium and Aluminium Alloy ranked second (behind steel) production and application. This is because aluminum and aluminum alloys with properties suitable for many different uses, in some cases the application of aluminum alloys are irreplaceable as in aircraft manufacturing technology and equipment industry other aviation.
Aluminum and aluminum alloy also has an important position in the mechanical engineering industry and construction.
In the construction sector, aluminum alloys have applications in the production of aluminum casting products gates, fences and stairs cast aluminum:
- Bike accessories
- Marine and oil and gas